Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The deed is done

I think I have a new home, barring any unforeseen circumstances, which, after everything else, I'm totally not barring. Thanks to everyone who offered some ideas or kind words in the meantime. As a result of much of this, I'm going to be taking a ten day caudal autotomy back home to good ol' George, Iowa in mid-July. I'm lucky to be from one of the 16 counties in the state that has not been declared a disaster area, so I'm going to kick back and enjoy my first Iowa summer since I moved to the Windy City three years ago. It's going to kick much ass.

This also means I will be out of the city for two whole weekends, which is a bitch to schedule theatregoing around. I simply won't have enough time to see everything I want to see, which I suppose is a good problem to have. I've already lost A Taste of Honey to the chopping block and there's a couple of others ready to go if moving conflicts become too bad. Boo. Hiss.

Tentatively for this week: Dead Man's Cell Phone at Steppenwolf on Wednesday, Strange Tree Group's The Mysterious Elephant and the Terrible Tragedy of the Unlikely Addington Twins* (*Who Kill Him) on Thursday, Trap Door's Beholder on Saturday, and Theo Ubique's Jacques Brel's Lonesome Losers of the Night on Sunday.

What's happening Friday? Willie Nelson. Willie muthafuckin' Nelson.

P.Rekk
2008

No comments: