Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The weekend in parentheticals

The family was in town this weekend, so I've been out and about and and generally absent from the online community. However, I return having completed a few long overdue Chicago firsts: first Shedd visit (verdict -- penguins are overrated, sea lions make me laugh, lizards need to stop being so fucking lazy) and first Cubs game (also: first Cubs loss).

We also took in 500 Clown Frankenstein (every bit as meta-rrific as MacB) and I came out of the weekend with two new tattoos (inspired by Magritte and Duchamp because I'm a dadgum nerd).

Sadly, we've also lost two of the masters of cinema (Ingmar Bergman and Michelangelo Antonioni) in a matter of days. Both are directors I 'appreciate' more than 'enjoy' (although Antonioni's Zabriskie Point is a slice of brilliance), but the world will revolve a little emptier without these two souls.

Jean-Luc Godard had better be taking his vitamins -- I don't know how quickly I could recover from that loss.

P.Rekk
2007

1 comment:

Devilvet said...

I am a huge bergman fan...looking for the Magician on DVD