Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Blecch...

It really is all about money, isn't it?

The idea that Art with a capital 'A' (or Theatre with a capital 'T') can or cannot fail at all implies that Art or Theatre has a common goal.

I don't know about you all, but my art hasn't failed. And I have a hard time seeing how it can -- the point of the whole thing for me seems not to be to place my ideas into the audience through my work but to have the audience find their own ideas in my work.

That's what I focus on. Isn't that silly?

P.Rekk
2008

1 comment:

isaac butler said...

hey paul,

i just wanted to reiterate that i don't think it's all about money, but rather that it's perfectly okay to talk about both. I do believe that a system with more money in it for artists would stand a chance at being a better environment for the creation of art, so i think they're interrealted but at least on my blog I've had plenty of conversations about aesthetics and content and how to make things better on those (and on process levels) too. It's just hard to talk about everything at the same time within one post or series of posts.